Monday, October 27, 2008

One for the Road

This blog post is my first without pics. No pics could be taken, and none are needed in this case. read on....
Thursday was a fingernail biting day. I took my daughter to take her driver’s permit test. Since she gets out of school at 12:15, it gave us a good head start to get to the DMV. I pictured the crowds and nastiness that is typical of an average DMV, but we truly lucked out. We walked in without an appointment and had only a 10 min. wait until we were called to a window. Before I knew it, the picture was taken, the thumb print taken and in the examination room she went. As she took the test in the other room, I sat in a chair and frantically started knitting. It was not long until she emerged from the room, holding her permit up proudly saying, “Jeez, 3 people before me didn’t pass and it was their 3rd time taking it.” I’m thinking, “although the DMV wasn’t bad today, I only want to come here twice; once for her permit and once for her license”. I couldn’t do it more than that I don’t think.

So we will soon have another driver in the house. She’s taking her driver’s ed and behind the wheel classes at AAA. Before you know it, it will be my turn with her behind the wheel after her first class at AAA behind the wheel. Then I will have stories to tell…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I still remember my dad's white knuckled hand clutching the door handle so he could be ready to bail at any moment. And his involuntary slamming on invisible brakes. Good times ;)