Monday, September 14, 2009

Found A Way

I love when an original idea finally makes it out of my puny brain. It's been so long and let me tell you, it feels so good. I always wanted to hang art of jewelry, but I couldn't paint or draw, my current photo editing program is the pits, and I don't know Photo Shop. So it wasn't until I started doing research for another blog article on photography techniques for The Succulent Wife Blog, when I came across many websites that did photo enhancement in easier ways than Photo Shop ever could. I was half way there. I finally figured out how the woman who loves jewelry, but doesn't like to wear it, can still have it as art, in her home, hanging on her walls.
I've taken my favorite pieces of original jewelry that I've designed and used the photos of them to come up with what I call mixed media jewelry photo art. I apply the enhanced photos to hand painted canvases and then embellish them with paints and sometimes with other things to result in a one of a kind art piece. Aren't they fun. There are only 5 introductory pieces currently available in my shop now.

2 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

What a clever idea! I love how you've married the two disciplines and made them a match in heaven!

Shari said...

Thank you very much Andrew. I really appreciate that!