Friday, September 05, 2008

A How To: Jewelry Shadow Boxes

I had these pine shadow boxes with sliding glass fronts that someone gave me a couple years back. They've been sitting in my garage and it hit me yesterday what I could do with them. I originally was given them to use for displaying jewelry at shows, but they were a bit bulky with all of the other things I had to bring and they had glass, so I never used them and they sat in my garage all sad and lonely. So I decided to put them to my own personal use. 2 days ago I purchased a big pad of scrapbook paper on clearance at a store and I just loved the colors. I used some to line drawers of an old banquette. I also used it for this project. I measured and then put the fun scrapbook paper on the backs of the boxes with a little glue stick and added little screw on hooks. Done. And for under $5.
I have a shelf in my closet that they can be displayed. With so much of my own personal jewelry, it's nice to be able to see it sometimes.

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is the cutest idea! I love the colorful paper in the back to coordinate with your room. What a great way to display your jewelry collection!

Jenny said...

Wow! That's a fantastic idea and I love the price tag of $5! I think I would need more jewelery before I could make good use of them! LOL. I just found your blog. I'm off for a bit more of a look at it - Jen