Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Best Damn Cake

About that chocolate cake I was writing about yesterday. It was the first time I made it and realized that the only thing chocolate about the cake itself is 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and the fact it looks like a chocolate cake. So I can't really qualify it as a chocolate cake by the taste. It's still the best damn cake I've had. The recipe is a Seventh Day Adventist recipe. The SDA's are typically vegetarian, so the key in this recipe is that they substitute prunes for butter.  This cake is only sold in one store in Loma Linda, CA, which has a large population of SDA's. I was introduced to this cake by some co-workers at a hospital I used to work with by Loma Linda. They were SDA. Here's the recipe: Loma Linda Chocolate Prune Cake.
I'll tell ya how it turned out when I taste it tonight.

1 comment:

Funky Finds said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I just saw that you have an old banner of mine linked on your sidebar...so cool! I have new links on my right sidebar you can grab if you're interested (just FYI). Jessica :)