Thursday, October 05, 2006

Craft: Magazine


I got the first issue of Craft: a few days ago and have been reading it over and over. There are tons of different projects in there from a Blinking LED tank top to a crocheted robot to even a 101 on silkscreening. Each project is layed out with written directions as well as photographs of each step including the item and equipment lists.

I'm infatuated with the layout. And it's like a manual. It makes you want to read it....over and over. There are no ads in between each page, just a little in the beginning and some at the end and even the ads are fun to read.

There are all kinds of great stories about crafters we know and admire like Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching. I really enjoyed reading about her and how it all began. I never knew about the brain behind the embroidery. Very insightful.

I especially liked the "Bazaar" where you could check out new products and learn more about them. So whether you want to learn to make your own hard cider or try your hand at a handmade antfarm room divider, I'm sure you'll find it all here.

No comments: